- Product Reviews
- Health Facts
- Sugar-Free Challenge
11 years ago…
This guy was born.
My sweet, lovable, hairy, lazy, fluffy, attention-hogging, golden retriever, Pudder!
Happy Birthday! I love you, big guy!
Grain-Free Peanut Butter Apple Doggy Cake
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 large doggy cake
Serving Size: Varied. Depends on dog\'s size.
~Grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, corn-free, soy-free, and sugar-free.
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Grease a ramekin or a jumbo muffin tin. Fill with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for a couple minutes, and then slide the cake out of the baking container. Cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before serving to your dog.
- You may frost with extra peanut butter, if desired.
Pudder loves peanut butter, a dog after my own heart! He also likes to eat apples, so I combined the two ingredients to make this cake. Last year I made him a similar cake, but it contained brown rice flour and no eggs. This year, I made it grain-free because he switched to a grain-free dog food. If you want to see last year’s cake, click here.
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
Do you have any pets? Tell me about them!
If you do have pets, do you celebrate their birthday?
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!