Yesterday (May Day!) Was my sweet doggy’s 10th birthday 🙂 What a big day! Therefore, I made him a cake out of his favorite ingredients: apples and peanut butter.
Hold on Alex, I thought peanut butter was your favorite food.
You’re right. It is. He’s a smart dog.
~This cake is made especially for your special pup. However, I must say it tastes pretty darn good for humans, too.
- 1 apple
- 4 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour (or flour of choice. I chose brown rice because there is brown rice in his dog food)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Shred the apples into tiny pieces and mix with peanut butter, flour, and baking powder. Then add water and mix.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased mini-loaf pan or muffin tins. Feel free to use whatever shape you want. Bake for 20 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- I decorated the cake with an extra apple slice (dipped in lemon juice to prevent discoloring) cut into the shape of a bone. Then I wrote his name in more peanut butter!
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
Do you have pets? If so, do you feed them “human food?”
I don’t feed Pudder human food that often, but I will give him my apple core when I am done eating my apple. He loves it. I will also fill is bone with peanut butter occasionally. He is an apple-loving, peanut butter-snarfing dog!
***** I am going to be out of town next week, so would any of you be interested in doing a guest post? Blogger or not, I would love to get some fresh articles on my blog while I am gone!