It’s finally summer and time for barbecues and grill-outs. If it’s too hot outside or you don’t have access to a grill, this barbecue chicken is perfect baked in an oven. It’s very simple to make and the multiple bastings result in a very tender and juicy chicken breast.
Using skinless and boneless breasts require no prep-work and are a lean meat option.The homemade BBQ sauce recipe also saves you from the sickeningly-sweet store-bought versions. Did you know a typical store-bought BBQ sauce has about 4 grams of sugar per Tablespoon (about a teaspoon of sugar), and one of the first ingredients listed are usually sugar or high fructose corn syrup? Nobody eats just 1 Tablespoon of sauce either. Skip all that sugar and try this recipe instead!
This barbecue chicken breast is dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo, nut-free, corn-free, soy-free, and sugar-free.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce*
- Combine olive oil, smoked paprika, lemon juice, and garlic and pour over chicken in a large ziplock bag. Let marinade in fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Remove chicken and place on baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and brush chicken with layer of BBQ sauce. Return to oven and repeat brushing of BBQ sauce every five minutes for about 15-20 minutes more or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165*.
*Check your barbecue labels. I have yet to find a barbecue sauce that doesn't add sugar, so I make my own! Check out my homemade BBQ sauce recipe here!