Hello faithful readers and Happy November!

It has been a long absence from my site, and I am sorry! College has been whizzing by quickly here, but I am really enjoying myself. With midterms finally out of the way I thought I’d sit down for a few minutes to write a quick post. While I wish I had a bunch of tasty, quick recipes to share with you, the truth is I don’t! Not enough time or equipment in my little dorm. Instead, here are some recipes I’ve been day-dreaming over:

What I wish I could make if…

I had time, equipment, an actual kitchen, a Whole Foods, money, personal chef, my dog<–wait, what?

Creamy CrockPot Risotto from Tasty Yummies

Indian-Spiced Sweet Potato Patties from Soni’s Food for Thought

Salt and Vinegar Veggie Chips from eBakerie

Portobello Orzo with Vegan Lemon Mint Cream Sauce from Healthful Pursuit

Post image for Grain Free Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls (Gluten/Soy/Corn Free with Directions to make Refined Sugar Free).

Grain-Free Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from Real Sustenance

Grain-Free Peanut Butter and Bacon Truffles from Katie Did

Chocolate-Covered Pumpkin Fudge from Purely Twins

Pumpkin Spice Latte Granola

This is actually a recipe of mine I made last year. I want to make it again because it screams fall!

Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:

What do you wish you had time, money, equipment, etc. to make? (links welcome)

11 Responses to What I Wish I Could Make

1. SO strange… I was just thinking of you this morning! I was making a chocolate cake for a friend and then remembered those amazing brownies you posted on my blog last Spring. Hope all is well, and thanks for the feature!

2. Ohhh those sweet potato patties sound delicious!

3. Aww I cannot even imagine being without my kitchen and all of my appliances and other equipment! I would definitely be lost and dreaming of food. Wish I could send you a whole crock pot full of risotto. Thanks for sharing my recipe and what I would like to make would be a fancy gluten-free cake, I would like to have the time and the patience to pull it off!

4. Karina says:

I’m also a college student, and although I live at home, I haven’t had time to cook something forever! I was just thinking how I would love to make some grain-free chocolate chip cookies…

5. Becca says:

There are SO MANY things I want to make and kitchen items that I would like to own! I get frustrated trying to find healthy recipes sometimes because almost all of them include ingredients like coconut oil or Stevia, which I either can’t get where I live or are too expensive.

I’m just discovering your site and I’m going to try your banana chocolate chunk cookies tonight! Do you think you’ll do another Sugar-Free Challenge anytime soon? I’d love to participate in one…so far I haven’t been able to keep my hands off the sugar!

• Sugar Free Alex says:

Hi Becca,

Sorry I took so long to respond, but I’m glad you enjoy my site! I don’t know when exactly I’ll b hosting another challenge because I have been rather busy lately. If you sign up for my email subscription, though, you will be notified.

6. Marsha says:

I’d love to try the Grain Free Pumpkin rolls. Now that I am going sugar free, I’m trying all kinds of foods that I never tried before. Something as simple as roasted squash makes a difference. Roasting vegetables is new to me, but wow what a flavor difference. Steaming asparagus is good, but roasting it is fantastic. Thanks for the great ideas!

7. Celeste says:

Just wanted to let you know I made your bitter chocolate cake recipe the other day as a wedding cake for a friend. She texted me desperate two days before the wedding asking for a recipe for a flour/sugar free but still yummy cake. (“I want to be able to cut just a tiny cake and stuff some in his mouth, but I don’t want my stomach to hate me on our honeymoon!”)

She was thrilled with the results (although we added in honey, which she can eat, for her fiance’s sweeter taste buds) and she said it had the richest flavor and best texture she ever tried in a gluten-free cake.

Hope college is treating you well still!

• Sugar Free Alex says:

Celeste,

This has to be the sweetest comment I have ever received! Thank you so much for sharing with me, and I am glad your friend enjoyed the cake on her wedding day.

8. Harvz says:

Hi and can I say, what a great site you have here. I recently started on a reduced sugar diet on advice from my doctor as my weight had been creeping up steadily, and I have to say, I am absolutely astounded at just how much weight I have lost, and how much healthier I feel. For me, one of the hardest things to give up were Banana’s (high in Fructose) during the early stages, but I have found nuts to be a great substitute. Anyway, keep up the great work with your site, and thank you.