When a rainy day threatens to destroy your plans, don’t despair! Make pancakes!
That’s exactly what I did on a rainy morning this week. It has been raining a lot lately, so I may have to make another batch! The pancakes look innocent enough: fluffy and plain.
But oh no, these aren’t any ordinary pancakes. They are made with coconut flour and are…
These pineapple upside down pancakes made with coconut flour are paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, corn-free, nut-free, and sugar-free!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Fresh Pineapple and Cherries
- Coconut oil, for pan
- First, make the pancakes by mixing together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Combine wet and dry and mix. It is okay if the batter is a little clumpy.
- Thinly slice the pineapple. You may cut the fresh pineapple in a circles or chopped squares. Slice cherries in half and take out pit.
- Heat skillet to medium heat and grease with oil.
- Pour a few tablespoons of batter onto heated skillet. Lay the pineapple around the edges of the pancake and put cherry in the middle.
- Flip pancake after it starts to bubble slightly, about a minute.
- Continue to cook until browned on exterior and cooked through.
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
What do you do when you have a rainy day?
Play board games, read a book, watch movies, eat popcorn, make pancakes?!