Nachos definitely would not win the “Healthiest Snack” award with it’s deep fried chips, and greasy cheese sauce. Make a few adjustments, though, and you have yourself a satisfying meal and a great party snack.
Dairy-Free Nacho Cheeze Sauce
~This sauce is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and, of course, sugar-free!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for 3 hours and drained
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, soaked for 3 hours and drained
- 5 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk (like almond milk. Water can probably be substituted, but I would use only 1/4 cup and then add more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon salt, preferably himalayan
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- dash cayenne, optional for spicy sauce
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or strong blender and blend until smooth. Add more liquid if needed to reach desired consistency. I used my magic bullet for this recipe.
You can store the extra sauce in an airtight container. The recipe makes one cup of sauce. Tomorrow, I’ll give you another use for the sauce!
Assemble Supreme Nachos:
You can simply dip some chips in the sauce right now, or you can make these Supreme Nachos.
- Preheat Oven to Broil setting.
- On a baking sheet lay out a few handfuls of your favorite tortilla chips.
- Top nachos with optional Hot toppings:
- Black beans, Chickpeas, Pinto beans, or Refried beans
- Organic Ground Beef, shredded chicken, or pork
- Sauteed Veggies (onions, peppers)
- Drizzle Nachos with Dairy-Free Cheeze Sauce
- Broil for a few minutes until golden brown. It took my oven about 5 minutes.
- Top with optional Cold Toppings:
- Sliced Black Olives
- Shredded lettuce or spinach
- Homemade Salsa or chopped tomatoes and onions
- Serve and Devour!
THOUGHT-PROVOKING, MIND-PRODDING QUESTION OF THE DAY:
What would you top your Supreme Nachos with? Give me some fun ideas!
P.S. Tonight is the last night to sign up for the Stevia Giveaway!