- Product Reviews
- Health Facts
- Sugar-Free Challenge
You have spoken, and it looks like you want flourless brownies!
I have made a grain-free fudge brownie before here:
It is made with coconut flour and dates for the sweetener. I highly recommend them because they are fudgy, dense, and healthy.
However, what I am I supposed to do when my craving for brownies hits, but I don’t have any coconut flour?
Make Flourless Power Brownies!
Flourless Power Brownies
~These brownies are grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and, of course, sugar-free!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (or any other squash puree. You don't taste it, but it adds extra vitamins, fiber, and body. I'm sure applesauce could be substituted as well if you wish to try that.)
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or nutbutter of choice. Almond butter is mild, so I can't taste it in the brownie. You could even add peanut butter to make it a peanut butter brownie!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 3 droppers-full of alcohol-free liquid stevia***
- Optional: 1/4 cup chopped nuts or unsweetened chocolate
- Optional: A few tablespoons ground flax for extra nutrients
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Mix together the pumpkin, almond butter, eggs, vanilla, flax (if using), and stevia (or other sweeteners listed below, if using) until well-combined. Add in cocoa powder and baking powder until smooth. You may add a few tablespoons of water to help with mixing, but batter should be thick. Fold in chocolate or nuts, if using.
- Lightly grease a 8×8 baking dish (I used coconut oil). Pour batter into dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Slice and serve.
***I used stevia for this recipe because it was sent to me by NuNaturals, and I wanted to try it out. Personally, I prefer bitter chocolate like my bitter chocolate cake for one. However, you can try adding pureed dates like my Fudge Brownies, add a bit of mashed banana, or simply eat it bitter (like me!).
Tastes fabulous with homemade coconut butter.
They’re called Power Brownies because of the great benefits of:
- Pumpkin: One cup of pumpkin has 7 grams fiber, 2650 IU Vitamin A, 564 mg potassium! It also boasts a truckload of antioxidants like Alpha-carotene and Beta-carotene.
- Chocolate: Click HERE for a post I wrote earlier about the health benefits of chocolate.
- Almonds: Almonds are a major superfood, and they are full of monounsaturated, good-for-you fats. It contains many nutrients that benefit the brain, and regulate cholesterol. The monounsaturated fats and vitamin E reduce the risk of heart disease.
Thanks to NuNaturals for sending me their products! The alcohol-free stevia drops taste great. You only need a few drops because it is very powerful. They have a new “Chocolate” drop that tastes like chocolate!
Stevia has been picking up a lot of speed lately as a sugar substitute. When I first started my site, I wrote a bit about my thoughts HERE. I’m still not completely sure about it, but it is great to have especially when I have guests and they might not have sweet buds like mine (non-existent). For example, these brownies with stevia were a hit! Everyone loved them. I think I’ve made three batches so far this week!
Want to try some stevia for yourself?
NuNaturals will award FOUR winners with the following:
One bottle of Vanilla Stevia Drops (My favorite) and a box of Stevia Packets.
Open to Continental U.S. Residents only, sorry!
This Giveaway is now Closed. Winners were announced HERE.
How to Enter:
There are multiple ways to win. Please leave a separate comment below for each entry.
- MANDATORY: Tell me what are your thoughts or experiences are with stevia. Have you tried it? If so, do you have a favorite variety? Do you have favorite recipes with it? Are you a fan? Do you have an interesting article you read about it? Please share!
- Subscribe to Spoonful of Sugar Free by entering your email address in the “Subscribe” box on the right. Or follow by RSS, google reader, exc.
- Like me on facebook.
- Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Can be something like, “I want to win some stevia! @SugarFreeAlex is giving away @NuNaturals http://spoonfulofsugarfree.com/2011/09/07/you-have-spoken/ ”
- Blog about this giveaway on your blog.
Remember, there will be FOUR winners! Good luck!
Giveaway ends September 14th at Midnight.
Also, NuNaturals has a Free Samples program. They will send you free samples of NuStevia Packets if you send them a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
2220 West 2nd Ave. # 1
Eugene, OR 97402
2220 West 2nd Ave. # 1
Eugene, OR 97402
Now through September 30th, you can get 15% all orders at NuNaturals if you enter this code: BLG930. You can also get free shipping on orders over $35.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!