- Product Reviews
- Health Facts
- Sugar-Free Challenge
Sorry to leave you all hanging with that delicious stack of…
Pure torture to live another day without these.
If you don’t have a waffle iron, you have two options:
- Make these into pancakes.
- Go buy a waffle iron.
Bitter Chocolate Waffles
~These waffles have no added sweetener, so they are bitter. If you are not a fan of bitter chocolate, top your waffles with lots of fresh fruit! Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and, of course, sugar-free!
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (simply blend oats in blender until smooth)
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup water or milk substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil or applesauce
- Optional: Add a few tablespoons of ground flax for extra fiber and omega's. Substitute 1/2 of oat flour for protein powder of choice. Add a handful of chopped unsweetened chocolate for an extra boost of flavor!
- First, combine the dry ingredients.
- Then, add wet and mix until smooth.
- Follow your waffle iron's instructions to cook. Make sure you cook it thoroughly. I made the mistake of taking them out too soon, and I ended up with a bowl-full of waffle pieces!
- Top with any combination of nut, fruit, coconut, peanut butter, chocolate shavings, or anything else you can imagine!
They freeze well, so you can make a big batch to save for later. Simply throw them in your toaster to warm. Much better for you (and tastier!) than Eggo’s frozen waffles.
This batch is topped with a dollop of Peanut Butter Frosting, Banana Slices, and Shaved Unsweetened Chocolate.
You could probably make my One Size Fits all Pancakes made with brown rice flour in a waffle iron, too, if you are feeling adventurous.
If you haven’t tried the Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate combo yet, do it. It’s worth it. I have so many recipes with that delectable combo.
Click HERE for nutrition information on Oats and HERE for nutrition information about chocolate. They both boast plenty of good properties.
Try not to drool all over your computer.
In other news, I have finally hopped on the Twitter bandwagon. Hopefully I’ll be able to figure the whole thing out. My Twitter name is SugarFreeAlex, so make sure to follow me!
THOUGHT-PROVOKING, MIND-PRODDING QUESTION OF THE DAY:
Do you have a twitter account? If so, any tips or tricks?
Also, what is your favorite waffle topping? You already know mine!
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!