Sorry to leave you all hanging with that delicious stack of…
Pure torture to live another day without these.
If you don’t have a waffle iron, you have two options:
- Make these into pancakes.
- Go buy a waffle iron.
~These waffles have no added sweetener, so they are bitter. If you are not a fan of bitter chocolate, top your waffles with lots of fresh fruit! Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and, of course, sugar-free!
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (simply blend oats in blender until smooth)
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup water or milk substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil or applesauce
- Optional: Add a few tablespoons of ground flax for extra fiber and omega's. Substitute 1/2 of oat flour for protein powder of choice. Add a handful of chopped unsweetened chocolate for an extra boost of flavor!
- First, combine the dry ingredients.
- Then, add wet and mix until smooth.
- Follow your waffle iron's instructions to cook. Make sure you cook it thoroughly. I made the mistake of taking them out too soon, and I ended up with a bowl-full of waffle pieces!
- Top with any combination of nut, fruit, coconut, peanut butter, chocolate shavings, or anything else you can imagine!
THOUGHT-PROVOKING, MIND-PRODDING QUESTION OF THE DAY:
Do you have a twitter account? If so, any tips or tricks?
Also, what is your favorite waffle topping? You already know mine!