- Product Reviews
- Health Facts
- Sugar-Free Challenge
As soon as I saw Katie’s Peach Breakfast Bake, I was in the mood for Peach crisp. Luckily, I had a couple of fresh peaches sitting in my fridge ready to chop and eat!
~This crisp for one is based off of my Pick-a-Fruit Crisp. Feel free to substitute your fruit of choice for the peaches. Dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, and, of course, sugar-free!
- 1/2 peach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon water or juice
- 1 Tablespoon rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon nuts, chopped (I used walnuts)
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil (or butter)
- pinch of salt
- optional: spices. I used a pinch or two of cinnamon and chopped ginger.
Preheat oven to 375*. Place the chopped peaches in a small baking dish and cover with the water/juice. In a separate bowl, mix the oat, nuts, oil, salt, and spices. Sprinkle on top of the peaches in an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes or until the fruit is tender and bubbling. You may wish to broil crisp for a few seconds if it is not yet golden.
You may double or triple the recipe as well to make individual crisps for your friends, family, and loved ones.
- Peaches: High in fiber, vitamin A, C, and D. Unlike most fruits, peaches contain calcium. They can help ease dry coughs and relieve constipation. They also help the skin stay healthy and adds color to a nice complexion.
- Oats: Click HERE for a post I wrote about the benefits of oats.
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
What is sitting in your fridge (or cupboard) right now that you really need to use up?
I have about five frozen bananas sitting in my freezer, and about five more ready to go into the freezer! Banana Cream Pie anyone?
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!