Welcome to day seven of the Sugar Free Challenge! I have been making myself this “Dessert Hummus” for months now, but haven’t bothered posting a recipe yet. Once I saw Katie’s Cookie Dough Dip, I knew I had to show people that cookie dough can be high in protein and sugar-free!
But first, here is today’s sample menu:
Breakfast: Grain-Free Bitter Chocolate Pancakes for One with Toasted coconut.
Lunch: Apple slices dipped in High-Protein Cookie Dough (Recipe Below)
Snack: Artichoke with lemon juice.
Dinner: I actually went out to dinner and had a BIG salad with lots of veggies and beans.
Dessert: More Cookie Dough!
High Protein Cookie Dough
~This unbaked dough is high in protein because of the garbanzo beans. Don’t shy away from it, though, because it tastes fantastic! Dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, and, of course, sugar-free!
- 1 can chickpeas (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup nutbutter (I prefer Making it a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough by using peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk (I used almond milk. Water will probably work, too)
- Chocolate: Click HERE for a post I did about all the benefits of chocolate.
- Chickpeas: Click HERE for a post I did about all the benefits of chickpeas.
- Peanuts: These legumes are full of protein with 7g per ounce. They also have a great monounsaturated fat content that helps your heart and brain. Peanut is a good source of Coenzyme Q10 which protects the heart during the period of lack of oxygen example high altitudes and clogged arteries. It also has a high antioxidant and high niacin content that helps in the recovery of cell damage and provides protection against Alzheimer’s disease and age-related cognitive problem.
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
What is one food you absolutely love, but everyone else hates? Or you absolutely hate, but everyone else loves?
Honestly, I will eat just about anything….as long as it is sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free…Ok, well that kind of narrows it down. I love love love capers! Some people don’t.