Welcome to day two for the Sugar Free Challenge! Here is today’s sample menu:
Breakfast: Mini Smacks! Aren’t they adorable? Follow the same directions as my Smacaroon recipe, but use a melon scooper instead of an ice cream scooper. It makes so many more smacks, and they are fun to pop in your mouth! I also drank a cup of iced coffee with unsweetened almond milk.
Snack: Apple with Homemade Pistachio Butter.
Dinner: Mac-n-Cheez. This is my version of the original comfort food. Inspired by I<3Vegetables. Mix of brown rice, quinoa, green peas, and shredded chicken breast. Mix a couple Tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast in with a splash of water. Sprinkle with salt and lots of pepper!
Dessert: Chocolate Almond Cookie Dough Bites!
~These cookie dough bites have a option of being raw. Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, grain-free, vegan, and, of course, sugar-free!
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 4 large dates
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped or raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a strong blender or food processor, blend the dates until smooth.
- Then add almonds, salt, and vanilla bean and blend.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Add a small dash of water if the dough isn't sticky. Roll into balls. I made mine about the size of my thumbnail because I love teeny tiny bites that I can pop in my mouth!
- Almonds: Almonds are a major superfood, and they are full of monounsaturated, good-for-you fats. It contains many nutrients that benefit the brain, and regulate cholesterol. The monounsaturated fats and vitamin E reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Chocolate: Click HERE for a post I did about all the benefits of chocolate.
- Dates: A laxative food with a high-fiber content, so it can help those suffering from constipation. They are digested quite easily and are great for when you need quick energy. Also, regular consumption of dates has been found to help the growth of friendly bacteria in the intestines.
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
How was your second day of sugar-free?
Also, what is your favorite cookie flavor? I love “healthifying” foods, so I am curious to see what your favorites are. One of my favorites is Thin Mint Girl Scouts….but I already healthified those! However, these chocolate-almond bites come in close second. My whole family enjoyed them!