- Product Reviews
- Health Facts
- Sugar-Free Challenge
Make Customizable Pancakes!!!
One Size Fits All Pancakes
~These pancakes can be made into anything you want them to be! Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and, of course, sugar-free!
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour (whole wheat flour works well, too)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk or milk substitute
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg or egg substitute (like a flax egg or chia egg)
- 3 tablespoons oil or applesauce (omitting this is fine)
- Optional: Add ins like the variations listed below.
- First, whisk the milk and apple cider vinegar together and let sit for a few minutes to create a "buttermilk."
- Then, mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients together and mix well. It is better if batter is a little lumpy.
- Pour pancakes on a lightly greased pan heated on medium heat.
- Flip them when the batter starts to bubble.
- Enjoy with toppings of choice (suggestions below).
Makes a lot of pancakes. Probably feeds 6, but I usually eat about 2-3 servings worth Make ‘em as big or as small as you like!
Someone once asked me how I replace America’s beloved topping to pancakes: maple syrup. The answer: I don’t replace! I fill my cakes with scrumptious fillings (lots of fruit and nuts), and top it with nut butters, fruit, and any other random topping might keep in my pantry!
- Pina Colada Cakes: Make batter with pineapple and coconut. Top with more pineapple and coconut!
- Mocha Cakes: Mix cocoa powder and instant coffee into batter.
- Granola Cakes: Mix dried fruit, oats, and nuts into batter.
- Reeses Cakes: Mix peanut butter and unsweetened chocolate into batter.
Great Pancake Ideas from other Bloggers:
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
What are your favorite pancake recipes? Do you like to top yours with a bunch of stuff, or fill ‘em up? Or maybe you like them plain?
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!