- Product Reviews
- Health Facts
- Sugar-Free Challenge
I have been hesitant to post all my numerous chocolate recipes because I always eat 100% dark chocolate! The majority of people don’t have a taste for the bitterness of this dark of a chocolate, but I think the bitterness makes it the best! 100% dark chocolate does not have any room for milk or sugar, just chocolate. This makes the flavor intensely dark.
Well, I have finally decided to share a few of my chocolate recipes, even though most people won’t like them. For you sugar eaters out there who can’t handle the bitterness of 100% dark, please feel free to add a few stevia drops or a drizzle of honey to this recipe.
Grain-Free Bitter Chocolate Cake for One
~Like I said above, please feel free to add a drizzle of honey or some liquid stevia drops to the recipe before baking so that it may satisfy your liking of chocolate. This cake is meant to serve one person, but feel free to double, triple or quadruple the recipe. The cake is gluten free, dairy-free, and of course, sugar-free!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I like using Hershey’s Dark cocoa because it has a great, intense flavor)
- 2 Tablespoons of squash puree, like pumpkin, sweet potato, or butternut squash
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Optional: 100% dark chocolate bar (I used Baker’s)
Preheat oven to 375*. Mix all of the above ingredients together. Then add a splash of water until it reaches the consistency of a thick pudding. Pour batter into a mini bread pan or a muffin tin (It makes about 4 muffins). If using, chop the 100% dark chocolate bar over the top of the batter. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
More Ideas: Try adding mint extract to the batter to make a mint chocolate cake. Also, use different topping like nuts to personalize the cake to your liking.
I made this cake last night while I was watching Tim Allen’s Santa Clause.
You definitely know it’s Christmas time when ABC starts showing a Christmas-Related movie every night! What’s on tonight while I bake myself another Bitter Chocolate Cake?
This recipe is a shout-out to those who asked for more grain-free recipes; those who like bitter chocolate cake more than the sweet kind; those who love bitter chocolate; and of course, all others who enjoy chocolate for their taste and health benefits!
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
- Would you like me to post more of my chocolate recipes? I have tons of them ranging from grain-free pancakes, to mousses, to puddings, to breakfast parfaits.
- Have you tried 100% dark chocolate yet?? If not, then DO IT! I’m begging you to! Pick up some Baker’s chocolate squares or a Ghiradelli bar in the baking aisle of your grocery store. When you try it, roll it around in your mouth and actually taste it. Don’t go by your first bite. Take another bite and think about chocolate-not the other chocolate-flavored impersonators out there!
- Last question-I promise! What do you think of all the holiday movies showing at this time of year? Personally, I love having an upbeat, sometimes corny movie to watch every night. I love all the Christmas films because they put me in such a great mood! There is no way that I could choose a favorite because there are so many good ones out there!
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!