While I wait for the recipes to add up, (Comment on my last post to submit a recipe!) I want to give you this recipe I have been very excited about the past few days.
Remember when I said I was going to go gluten-free for a while? Well, I have one-upped that, and have made a bread that is totally grain-free.
No spelt, no rice flour, no coconut flour, no peanut flour, no crazy substitute flours at all! Yet, it still tastes like bread-Pumpkin Spice Bread, that is 🙂
First, I started by making a butternut squash bread. I threw some things together into a couple mini-loaf pans, and the result was extremely good, but I knew I could do better. Thus I created the Grain-Free Pumpkin Spice Bread!
~This recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free!
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Ground flax
- 3 Tablespoons Chia Gel (For each tablespoon of chia, mix 2-3 tablespoons of water and let sit for 15-20 minutes. The chia seeds will puff into a gel)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (or 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix together the ingredients.
- Pour into a lightly-greased bread pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350*. The bread will rise while in the oven, but will sink when taken out.
- Let the bread cool for fifteen minutes in the pan (this is necessary for the bread to set since it has no flour in it), and then plop it onto a plate or cutting board.
I may or may not have licked the mixing bowl clean…
Bake for 1 hour at 350*. The bread will rise while in the oven….
But it will sink a little bit when it is taken out…
Let the bread cool for fifteen minutes in the pan (this is necessary for the bread to set since it has no flour in it), and then plop it onto a plate or cutting board.
It is extremely moist, and no-one will ever guess that it is sugar-free or that it doesn’t have flour in it!
This bread will be perfect for Halloween or Thanksgiving!
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
What is your favorite way to eat pumpkin? Or do you even like pumpkin?
I used to LOVE pumpkin pie when I ate sugar! Seriously, I would eat it all day long if I could! The way it melts in your mouth as the crust crumbles and the custard-y filling squishes…oh man it is heavenly. I’m going to have to make a sugar-free pumpkin pie recipe!