- Product Reviews
- Health Facts
- Sugar-Free Challenge
The last day of August caught up with me. September creeps around the corner. Before you know it, kids will be at my doorstep trick or treating in Ghost, Vampire, and Princess costumes. For now, let’s enjoy this last day of August by eating outside.
Enjoy the view, whip up a quick batch of cookies, and relax.
Fluffy Banana Chocolate Chunk Cookies
~These fluffy cookies have great flavor with minimal ingredients. The bananas make them naturally sweet. Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, soy-free, nut-free, and, of course, sugar-free!
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups oats ground into oat flour (Simply process in blender until smooth)
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix together the bananas, vanilla, and salt until well-combined.
- Add in baking powder, baking soda, and oat flour and combine until mixed.
- Add water to help stir.
- Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Spoon by tablespoonfuls on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden on top and bottom.
The fluffy cookie sandwiched with the creamy filling tasted like a chocolate banana whoopie-pie. Only better. And healthier.
- Bananas: Rich in potassium, bananas help the body’s circulatory system deliver oxygen to the brain. This also helps maintain a regular heartbeat and a proper balance of water in the body. It also contains tryptophan to help relax you and lift your spirits!
- Chocolate: Read a post about the benefits of chocolate HERE.
- Oats: Click HERE for a post I wrote on al the benefits of Oats.
THOUGHT-PROVOKING, MIND-PRODDING QUESTION OF THE DAY:
Are you going to join me in eating outside today?
P.S Today is the last day to enter the Blissful Bites Giveaway, so sign up if you haven’t already!
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!