Thanks for all of your get-well wishes! They really made me smile 😀
I am feeling a lot better today, too. Not 100%, but definitely better than yesterday. Maybe it was because of the healing soups and beverages I drank!
The Spicy Tomato Tea cure is a recipe found HERE. It really does wonders. I would make this any time you are congested or have a sore throat. In fact, I would make it even if you didn’t have a sore throat because it tastes so good! I’ll write more about it tomorrow.
Miso soup is extremely easy to make. It only takes a few minutes, which is perfect for when you are sick and don’t want to be on your feet for more than that!
Maitake Miso Soup
~You can add whatever vegetables and ingredients you like. Traditional miso soup also has tofu in it, so feel free to add cubes if you wish.
- 5 cups water (or vegetable/chicken stock)
- 3.5 oz. Maitake mushrooms (the whole package of this)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (or 1 small white/yellow onion)
- 3 Tablespoons Miso paste (any kind will do. I used brown rice miso)
- Optional: sliced carrots, tofu cubes, brown rice, watercress, ginger
- Miso: Contains all essential amino acids, making it a complete protein, has healthy probiotics and helps with digestion, good source of vitamin B, strengthens immune system, lowers LDL cholesterol, and is high in antioxidants which protects against free radicals.
- Maitake: This mushroom contains beta-glucan, which helps boost the immune system. It also helps lower blood pressure and fight harmful diseases. It also can help regulate blood sugar levels.
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
What do you eat or drink to make you feel better when you are sick?