WAHOOOOO! Today is officially the first day of the Sugar Free Challenge.
I am so glad that many wonderful people signed up! Just check out this list:
- Ami Patrick
- Angelique S
- Ann Claire from The Flourishing Foodie
- Becky from Becky’s Kaleidoscope
- Bree from Twins and Triathlons
- Brooke from Vintage Fix
- Cate from Cate’s Crunched
- Cindy from A Sparkle a Day
- Damjana from Damjana Likes it Wholesome
- Deanna from The Mommy Bowl
- Devan Newman from Watermelon Tequila
- Eryn from Pumpkin’s Pantry
- Hats from See How She Runs
- Jane from The Healthy Beehive
- Janelle from Adventures in the City
- Katelyn from New Kid on the Vegan Block
- Kathleen from Kat’s Health Corner
- Kayla from Little Miss Healthify
- Kerri Randall from Hot Fun Fitness
- Lauren from Food Trainers
- Lauren from Whole Wheat or Bust
- Lightening from Lightening Online
- Liz from IHeartVegetables
- Melanie Kristy
- Melissa from Journey to Strong
- Momma Kiki 😀
- Serena from The Teenage Foodie
- Sharon from 52 Week Marathon
- Shelby from Runs for Hope
- Shirley from Gluten Free Easily
- Sista Juju 🙂
- Tiffany Barnett
- Twyla Dill
- Val from Baking the Worries Away
Here is a sample menu for today (a.k.a, what I ate yesterday):
Breakfast: Green Omelet (Spinach, green peppers, capers, oregano) with a side of watermelon and Iced Coffee (Hazelnut Decaf with Unsweetened Almond Milk). Vegan Option: Breakfast Oat Cakes.
Lunch: A BIG spinach salad with apples, almonds, avocado, strawberries, black olives, chickpeas, artichoke hearts, green onions. Drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Topped with dill.
Snack: Banana Monster! Banana, peanut butter, unsweetened carob chips, sunflower seeds.
Dinner: It looked just like this Heart-Stopping Chicken Salad, but I substituted potatoes and hard-boiled eggs for the chicken. Vegan Option: Substitute Chickpeas for the meat.
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
How was your first day of sugar-free? Do you have a menu planned? What did you eat?