This is one of my favorite recipes that my whole family enjoys. The inspiration for this came from my Grandma who made the best goulash. I remember sitting in her little kitchen and taking big helpings of this delightful tomato, beef, noodle mix from her yellow French Oven Le Creuset. Straight up comfort food.
~This goulash is gluten-free, dairy-free, yeast-free, nut-free, and, of course, sugar-free!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup gluten-free elbow noodles. (I use Tinkyada brown rice noodles-they are my favorite! I they taste just like the real thing, and they are well-priced, too.)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (I use canned)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, 2 zucchini both chopped
- 2 15 oz. cans of beans of choice. (This time I used garbanzo and kidney beans)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Spices: 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon paprika, salt and pepper to taste
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
Is there a dish you remember eating as a kid that made you feel like you were home? A comfort food that you will always remember?
In addition to goulash, my grandma made the best deviled eggs! They were amazing, and I requested that she make some for all my birthdays.