It is true. Whenever something is small and cute, it is more fun to eat! Take for example mini muffins, finger sandwiches, baby carrots, or even mini quiches. It’s just fun.
So to cure insane bite-sized craving, here is the best dessert/snack recipe that is quick and easy to make. Not to mention undeniably scrumptious.
If Elvis Liked Chocolate Bites (aka Chocolate, peanut butter, and banana balls-no bake!)
~These bites are vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and of course, sugar-free!
- 1 overripe banana, mashed
- 4 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate bar, chopped (I used Baker’s)
- 4 Tablespoons rolled oats
- optional: 2 Tablespoons peanuts
You can use whatever measurements you like as long as the dough sticks together.
Mix together all ingredients and roll into balls. Sometimes the dough is easier to roll when cold, so feel free to stick it in the fridge for a few minutes before rolling. Then, you can either place them in the freezer for ten minutes (I like to do this because it makes them extra chewy!), or eat away! Enjoy!
- Peanuts: This legume is a protein power house with 7g of protein per oz. It also has a great monounsaturated fat content that can help lower cholesterol and keep your skin beautiful! It is also a good source of Coenzyme Q10 which protects the heart during periods of lack of oxygen. It is also a good source of fiber and antioxidants.
- Bananas: Rich in potassium, bananas help the body’s circulatory system deliver oxygen to the brain. This also helps maintain a regular heartbeat and a proper balance of water in the body. It also contains tryptophan to help relax you and lift your spirits!
- Chocolate: Read a post about the benefits of chocolate HERE.
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
Are you a fan of Elvis Presley?
Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever really listened to his songs before. I’ve listened to a few, but I am not a maniac about him. Maybe I should, though. Are you crazy for the king? However, even if I don’t like his songs. I love his sense of taste 😉