- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup oats (optional)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- cinnamon to taste
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- raisins (honestly, I don’t measure – just throw them in )
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Mix all wet ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
3) Add dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, oats, cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
4) Add in blueberries and raisins.
5) Pour batter into muffin tin (with liners or lightly oiled).
6) Bake at 350 degrees for ~20-25 minutes.
Makes ~ 8-10 muffins (depends on the size you prefer).
7) Let cool. Then, EAT.
I used brown rice flour instead of regular flour to make them gluten-free, and they turned out great! They do taste cake-y!
I made my muffins mini! I also used frozen blueberries, and made them “bleed” on purpose to make them Purple muffins!!! Fun, Fun!
These were really yummy! I loved the cake-like texture! Who says you need sugar to eat cake? 🙂
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
Halloween is coming up! What do you plan on doing? Are you going to dress-up? Maybe I’ll wear this hat…
Also, do you get a lot of trick-or-treaters? I used to get a good number, but since we moved I don’t know if we will get any! Do you give out candy? Or do you just shut off the lights?