Hello! Hello! What is your favorite fall fruit? Is it, by any chance, apples?
Good gracious, these are so good! Look no further for a good granola bar recipe to eat on the go, she has given you the perfect snack!
This is what hers look like:
- 2 apples shredded (you may leave the skin on or off. I usually just take some off…or these would be like EXTREME fiber bars..ha ha)..and the skin can get a little chewy
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 TBS coconut oil
- 2 TBS apple sauce
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 c. walnuts chopped
- 1/2 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 TBS ground flax
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix all the wet ingredients including the apples in one bowl!! Then the dry in another….
- Combine all ingredients.
- Press in a greased pan (I just rub some more coconut oil on my pan) to make bars..or you can form into cookie balls!! I tried a few like cookie sized and they were yummy!! A little more crunchy!!
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
My Apple Bars:
These were really good! I loved them as a breakfast treat, or an on-the-go snack! I actually substituted brown rice flour for the whole wheat flour to make it gluten-free, and it turned out really well.
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
What is your favorite fall fruit? Is it apples? I really love apples! Especially when they are dipped in some nut butter 🙂 Or made into an apple pie!