Hey all, remember when I told you all about my Bake Night a few days ago?
Well, remember the Chocolate Chunk Monster cookies I told you about?
No? Well, here’s the recipe anyway. These cookies are extremely delicious, and naturally sweet!
Chocolate Chunk Monster Cookies
~This recipe can be gluten-free if using gluten-free oats. It is also vegan, dairy-free, and of course, sugar-free! Makes about 30-35 cookies
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (or olive oil works, too)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4-5 ounces 100% dark chocolate bar (Found in the baking section in the grocery store. I suggest Baker’s chocolate or Ghiradelli unsweetened)
Preheat oven to 350*. Mash the bananas, and mix in the other wet ingredients. Then add the dry ingredients and mix until well-incorporated. Next, chop the chocolate bar into small chunks and mix into batter. Drop Tablespoons-full of dough onto a cookie-sheet about 1/2 inch apart. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown.
Thought-provoking, mind-prodding question of the day:
Have you tried unsweetened chocolate yet????