Ack! Summer is getting away from me! Can you believe that next thursday is the first day of autumn?
I have been meaning to post this bruschetta recipe while the tomatoes are still in season. They are still in season, right?
(I really need a nice dining table to photograph my food on…)
~This bruschetta goes perfectly on slices of toasted garlic bread (preferably whole-grain). I also like to top my crackers with this for a nice snack, and on my burgers or salads for a beautiful meal.
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 green onions
- one clove garlic
- small bunch of fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
First, chop the tomatoes and onions into small pieces. Then mince the fresh basil and garlic. Add the vegetables and spices to the bowl, and mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste, and drizzle with olive oil. Give the bowl one more mix, and place in the fridge.
It is best that the bruschetta stay in the fridge, covered, for at least an hour. This way, the flavors can mingle together. Next step: enjoy!
Now, onto the Something Else.
Caitlin, from CSN, contacted me last week, and asked if I would like to host a giveaway for my viewers….but….I turned her down…
One lucky person will receive a $35 to www.CSNStores.com!!!! Which includes www.Cookware.com and www.AllModern.com. CSN sells everything from cookware to outdoor furniture to clothing to fitness equipment. The list goes on and on!
You have multiple ways to win:
(Please post a separate comment for each entry)
- Post a comment telling me what you would use the $35 gift card for (I might use it towards a Le Creuset or some other fancy cooking gizmo)
- If you have a blog, blog about this giveaway!
- Subscribe to my blog using the button at the right (If you are already subscribed, tell me for an entry!)
- Send me a picture for my Food Lovin Post (or post it on your blog)!!!
The Giveaway ends on the last day of summer, which is one week (Wednesday, September 22nd).